Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thankful for Liza Jane

The other day I told someone about our experience with Liza Jane for the first time. If you haven't read our story, you can learn more here.

Now that it has been a little two years since she passed away, my perspective on her life and the circumstances of her death is changing. I expect it will change even more in the future.

My little Liza taught me so much.
She taught me how to love without judging.
She taught me how to live every moment to the fullest. We don't know if it will be our last.
She showed me how important it is to love those close to us every minute of every day, because we don't know if that day will be their last.
She taught me the value of accepting without being critical. (Ok, maybe I'm still working on that one.)

Two years after her death, I do not regret the decision to give her a chance at life. I do not regret choosing not to have an abortion, which is what several doctors urged me to do.

There is much pain and suffering in this world, and what happened to us and our Liza is just a drop in the bucket.

Without her, though, my life would not be as rich and meaningful. I am forever greatful to her, and greatful to God for giving me such a gift. (Even though I am still a little mad at him for taking her away.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, you are such a woman of God. I love you! Thank you for updating!

Kacie Grubb