Saturday, May 26, 2012

Surviving Another Week - Resources

Some weeks are harder than others. As I near the end of this week, I don't have much to say, because the pain I am experiencing right now cuts too deep for words.


Missing this newborn babe something fierce. Her hat was on crooked, but I couldn't fix it, because my other hand was balancing all the wires and tubes that were attached to my baby girl.


I found a couple of good resources today that are worth reading for anyone who is experiencing the loss of a child.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - an informative blog post from a mother who has been there

Alive Alone - a support group for parents who have lost their only child, or all of their children

These resources reminded me that coping with the death of a child takes years, not weeks or months. It's important to give ourselves time.


3 comments:

Coleen Clemens said...

Love you, Mandy! You are often in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Melissa Schmidt said...

Praying every single day for you my friend.

Anika said...

Several people asked me this last week, "How is Mandy? I've been praying for her." You are in many thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for making the effort to create this post for others who are walking through the loss of a child.